Singapore & Hong Kong Adventure
East meets West in Hong Kong, plus experience the cultures of Singapore; explore independently with flights, hotel & city tours included
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||September – December 2023|
|Themes||History & Culture, City Stays|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Prepare to be dazzled by a breathtaking symphony of lights in cosmopolitan Hong Kong. City-lovers worldwide rank Hong Kong among their must-see destinations, and for good reason. A former British colony perched on the edge of mainland China, Hong Kong is a fascinating city of contrasts—a place where East meets West; where the modern blends with the traditional; where shiny skyscrapers stand next to narrow alleys crammed with traditional vendors' stalls; where new technology flourishes alongside ancient Chinese customs. With its glorious harbor, excellent shopping, renowned restaurants, and some of the best nighttime skylines in the world, Hong Kong has it all.
Then you’ll fly to Singapore, a city state that is at the crossroads of culture. Singapore warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of peoples that call the country home, and which you’ll discover in the cultural enclaves of Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam (Malay district). And this melting pot has left a lasting impact on the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. In recent years, awe-inspiring, futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country still retains its charming, historic neighborhoods crisscrossed by crowded side streets still teeming with traditional vendor stalls. Nicknamed, the “City in a Garden”, Singapore is covered in greenery and full of impressive gardens, such as the Singapore Botanic Garden which is home to the world’s largest orchid display.
- Round trip flights from San Francisco including taxes & fees
- 7 nights Superior First Class accommodations with guaranteed early check-in in Hong Kong
- 7 meals: 7 breakfasts
- Arrival and departures transfers
- City tours of Hong Kong & Singapore with English-speaking local guides
- Singapore optional excursions to Gardens by the Bay
Why you'll love it
- Admire the view of Victoria Harbor from the top of Victoria Peak.
- Enjoy the freedom of exploring Hong Kong at your own pace.
- Stroll through Hong Kong's famous 'Golden Mile' shopping district.
- Join a city tour of Singapore, including the Civic District, Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court and City Hall.
- Explore Singapore's Gardens by the Bay and Hawker Food Centers independently.
- Admire the abundance of orchids at Singapore’s Botanical Gardens.
- Visit one of Singapore's oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples, Thian Hock Keng Temple.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Depart USA
- 2 En route
- 3 Arrive Hong Kong
- 4 Hong Kong
- 5 Hong Kong
- 6 Hong Kong
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour
- 7 Hong Kong & Singapore
- 8 Singapore
- 9 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
- 10 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, during sale**,
including Instant Savings and sale discounts**
Departs U.S.: Thu, Jun 15, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Jun 24, 2023
Jun 15 – Jun 24
Departs U.S.: Thu, Jul 6, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Jul 15, 2023
Jul 6 – Jul 15
Departs U.S.: Thu, Aug 17, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Aug 26, 2023
Aug 17 – Aug 26
Departs U.S.: Thu, Sep 21, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Sep 30, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 21 – Sep 30
Departs U.S.: Thu, Oct 19, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Oct 28, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 19 – Oct 28
Departs U.S.: Thu, Nov 16, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Nov 25, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 16 – Nov 25
Departs U.S.: Thu, Nov 30, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Dec 9, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 30 – Dec 9
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Singapore & Hong Kong Adventure|
|Jun 15, 2023; Jul 6, 2023; Aug 17, 2023; Nov 30, 2023||$1099|
|Sep 21, 2023; Nov 16, 2023||$1199|
|Oct 19, 2023||$1349|
|Full Day Lantau Tour with Lunch||unavailable|
|Gardens by the Bay||$35|
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)||included|
|San Francisco (SFO)||included|
|Nov 30, 2023||unavailable|
This package offers round-trip flights from the cities listed above, subject to availability.
Want to fly from another city? Upgrades may be available to Premium Economy or Business Class. Request this upgrade during the booking process in the Special Requests section, and we will check the availability and provide you with a price.
Day 1 Depart USA
- Your journey begins this evening as you check in at SFO for your international flight to Hong Kong, China
Day 2 En route
- Cross the International Dateline and lose a day. (You will recover this day on the return leg of your trip.)
Day 3 Arrive Hong Kong
- Arrive in Hong Kong and transfer to your hotel
- Guaranteed early check-in upon arrivalFull Day Itinerary
Day 4 Hong Kong
- Morning tour of Hong Kong Island with peak tram ride
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Hong Kong Island features a ride to the top of Victoria Peak for a magnificent city and harbor view. Descend and continue to Repulse Bay and Aberdeen fishing village, a community of some 600 colorful floating homes. Conclude your tour with some time for shopping. The afternoon is yours at leisure for independent sightseeing in the city.
Tonight, we recommend an optional dinner cruise (purchased locally) aboard the Hong Kong Bauhinia, where you'll enjoy a fabulous dinner, live music, and stunning nighttime views of the glistening harbor.
Day 5 Hong Kong
- Full day at leisure, or optional excursion offered locally
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong on your own or shop to your heart's content. Or, take advantage of am optional excursion to be offered locally.
Day 6 Hong Kong
- Full day at leisure, or optional excursion to Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau.
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong on your own or shop to your heart's content. Or, take advantage of a unique optional excursion to Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau.
Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour
Visit Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau, lying at the mouth of the Pearl River. Depart your hotel this morning on a scenic drive to your first stop, the viewing platform of the Tsing Ma Bridge, the world's longest road/rail suspension bridge before continuing across it to Lantau Island. Spend time in Tai O Village to enjoy a short boat ride through this fishing village, and then explore its patchwork of old streets, small shops, shrines, and temples. Continue to the exquisitely built Po Lin Monastery where you will view the majestic bronze Buddha, and explore its museum. After lunch, take in the sweeping views of the lush terrains of Lantau from the Ngong Ping cable car, a 5.7 km skyrail. Later, return to your hotel in Hong Kong. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels.
Fee to be paid locally.
Day 7 Hong Kong & Singapore
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Day 8 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeingFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterwards, make a stop a local handicraft market. Proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, boasting 60,000 orchid plants. Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure where you can perhaps explore the Gardens by the Bay or taste your way through Singapore’s many Hawker Food Centers.
Day 9 Singapore
- Full day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursionOptional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
Featuring more than 1 million plants from more than 5,000 species, Gardens by the Bay is a must-see destination filled with wonders from around the world. Marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night. Hotel pick-up service is included, but visitors must make their own way back to their hotel. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Guide service within the park and entrance to the OCBD skyway excluded.
Day 10 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
- Enjoy a morning at leisure
- This afternoon, transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
With its luxurious accommodations and stunning 17-story atrium, the Royal Garden Hotel is renowned for its unique architectural design, comfortable accommodations, personalized service, and above all, location, location, location. Centrally located in the heart of Kowloon, the Royal Garden Hotel provides easy access to the business and shopping area of Tsim Sha Tsui East and is close to public transportation. A variety of attractions, such as the Star Ferry, the Clock Tower, and the Museum of Art, are within walking distance from the hotel. Numerous shopping and dining venues are also nearby. The refined and elegant interior combines the best of both Eastern and Western detailing with contemporary setting in the public area.
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Hong Kong? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.