Careers at Friendly Planet
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions.
Friendly Planet Travel, Inc, an internet-based tour operator specializing in exotic international destinations is searching for a full-time, experienced travel agent for our inside sales team. If you are a good collaborator with a friendly, cheerful outlook, excellent organizational skills, and a proven history of closing sales, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and required qualifications for the position include:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a travel agent
- Travel sales/customer service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (including Word, Excel)
- Creative problem solver
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
- Knowledge of Amadeus a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field a plus
The position is full-time, 9:30AM-6PM, Monday through Friday. We are located inJenkintown, Pennsylvania, directly across from the Jenkintown train station, and we are an easy commute by car from most of greater Philadelphia. Ours is a hybrid work environment, with three days in our Jenkintown office and two days remote work.
We offer a career opportunity with space to grow, where your creativity and energy are appreciated and rewarded. You'll find our warm, friendly, and supportive staff and informal atmosphere a great place to build your career. We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and plenty of travel opportunities.