Singapore, Hong Kong & Bali Adventure
Ancient temples & modern skylines; explore independently with flights, hotels & city tours included plus optional Nusa Dua Beach extension
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Themes||History & Culture, Nature & Wildlife|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. The included tour in Bali requires a higher level of physical fitness and has some walking on uneven terrain and drives on bumpy roads. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Get updates about this package
Prepare to be dazzled by a breathtaking symphony of lights in cosmopolitan Hong Kong. A former British colony perched on the edge of mainland China, Hong Kong is a fascinating city of contrasts—a place where East meets West; where the modern blends with the traditional; where shiny skyscrapers stand next to narrow alleys crammed with food stalls. With its glorious harbor, excellent shopping, renowned restaurants, and some of the best nighttime skylines in the world, Hong Kong has it all.
Then you’ll fly to Singapore, a city state at the crossroads of cultures. Singapore warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of peoples that call the country home, and this melting pot has left a lasting impact on the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. In recent years, awe-inspiring, futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country still retains its charming, historic neighborhoods crisscrossed by crowded side streets still teeming with ancient temples and local street-food.
Finally, end your Asian adventure in Bali. Stay in artistic and wonderfully serene Ubud, the cultural epicenter of this lush and laid-back island. Hindu temples adorn the urban landscape while looming volcanoes and vibrant green rice terraces decorate the horizon. Ubud is the type of town where time takes a break, where days among the restaurants, cafes and artisan street stalls inadvertently turn to weeks. You’ll have a hard time leaving Ubud, and an even harder time forgetting it!
- Round trip flights from SFO via Singapore Airlines including taxes & fees
- 11 nights Superior First Class accommodations
- 12 meals: 11 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Arrival and departure transfers
- City tours of Hong Kong & Singapore and Bali island tour with English-speaking local guides
- Full Day Macau Tour
- Full Day Lantau Tour
- Gardens by the Bay Excursion
- Eat, Pray & Love Day Tour
- Half Day Balinese Cooking Class
- Optional extension to Nusa Dua, Bali
Why you'll love it
- Ascend Victoria Peak via tram for a breathtaking view of Hong Kong.
- Enjoy the freedom of exploring Hong Kong at your own pace, or join optional Macau & Lantau Tours.
- See one of Singapore's oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples, Thian Hock Keng Temple.
- Surround yourself with over 60,000 colorful orchids at the National Orchid Garden within the magical Singapore Botanic Gardens.
- Discover Singapore on your own or join an optional Gardens by the Bay Excursion.
- Tour Bali’s Taman Ayun Temple, built to serve as the Royal family’s temple of the Mengwi dynasty.
- Visit the famous Ulun Danu Temple on the shores of Bratan Lake, a body of water located over 3,900 feet above sea level.
- Learn how the incredible irrigation systems of Jatiluwih allow rice to be harvested four times a year.
- Explore more of Bali independently or join an optional Eat, Pray and Love Tour or Balinese Cooking Class.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Check In
- 2 Depart USA
- 3 Hong Kong
- 4 Hong Kong
- 5 Hong Kong
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Macau Tour, $140
- 6 Hong Kong
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour, $120
- 7 Hong Kong & Singapore
- 8 Singapore
- 9 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $30
- 10 Singapore & Bali
- 11 Bali
- 12 Bali
- Optional Excursion: Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour, $200
- 13 Bali
- Optional Excursion: Half Day Balinese Cooking Class, $85
- 14 Depart Bali/Arrive USA
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*
Departs U.S.: Thu, May 12, 2022
Finishes: Wed, May 25, 2022
May 12 – May 25
Departs U.S.: Thu, Jun 16, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Jun 29, 2022
Jun 16 – Jun 29
Departs U.S.: Thu, Jul 7, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Jul 20, 2022
Jul 7 – Jul 20
Departs U.S.: Thu, Aug 18, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Aug 31, 2022
Aug 18 – Aug 31
Departs U.S.: Thu, Sep 22, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Oct 5, 2022
Sep 22 – Oct 5
Departs U.S.: Thu, Nov 17, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Nov 30, 2022
Nov 17 – Nov 30
Departs U.S.: Thu, Dec 1, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Dec 14, 2022
Dec 1 – Dec 14
Options & Fees
|Singapore, Hong Kong & Bali Adventure|
|Dec 1, 2022||$1599|
|May 12, 2022||$1649|
|Aug 18, 2022; Nov 17, 2022||$1699|
|Jun 16, 2022||$1799|
|Sep 22, 2022||$1899|
|Jul 7, 2022||$1999|
|Full Day Macau Tour with Lunch||$140|
|Full Day Lantau Tour with Lunch||$120|
|Gardens by the Bay||$30|
|Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour1||$200|
|Half Day Balinese Cooking Class2||$85|
1. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
2. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension|
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension1||$849|
|Aug 18, 2022||$849|
|All other dates||$699|
1. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate and is subject to availability.
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|San Francisco (SFO)1|
1. Upgrades may be available to Premium Economy or Business Class. Request this upgrade during the booking process in the Special Requests section, and we will check the availability and provide you with a price.
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights.
Day 1 Check In
- Your journey begins this evening as you check in at SFO for your international flight to Hong Kong departing just after midnight tonight
Day 2 Depart USA
- Depart SFO on your flight bound for Hong Kong, China via Singapore Airlines
Day 3 Hong Kong
- Arrive in Hong Kong and transfer to your hotelFull Day Itinerary
Day 4 Hong Kong
- Morning tour of Hong Kong Island with peak tram ride
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Hong Kong Island features a ride to the top of Victoria Peak for a magnificent city and harbor view. Descend and continue to Repulse Bay and Aberdeen fishing village, a community of some 600 colorful floating homes. Conclude your tour with some time for shopping. The afternoon is yours at leisure for independent sightseeing in the city.
Tonight, we recommend an optional dinner cruise (purchased locally), where you’ll enjoy a fabulous dinner, live music, and stunning nighttime view of the glistening harbor.
Day 5 Hong Kong
- Full day at leisure, or an optional excursion to the former Portuguese colony of Macau
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong on your own or shop to your heart's content. Or, take advantage of a unique optional excursion to the former Portuguese colony of Macau.Optional Excursion: Full Day Macau Tour, $140
The name “Macau” is derived from the name of a Chinese Goddess, popular among seafarers and fisherman, known as A-Ma or Ling-Ma. On this full day tour, you’ll be picked up at your Hong Kong hotel and taken to the ferry station where you’ll cast off bound for Macau. Your tour includes visits to some of Macau’s most popular sights: The statue of Kum Iam, Macau Tower and A-Ma Temple, just to name a few. You’ll even get a chance to try your luck at one of Macau’s famous casinos. The tour also includes lunch and return transportation to your hotel in Hong Kong. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Note: Men wearing shorts or children under 21 will not be permitted entry into casinos.
Day 6 Hong Kong
- Full day at leisure, or an optional excursion to Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong on your own or shop to your heart's content. Or, take advantage of a unique optional excursion to Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau.Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour, $120
Visit Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau, lying at the mouth of the Pearl River. Depart your hotel this morning on a scenic drive to your first stop, the viewing platform of the Tsing Ma Bridge, the world's longest road/rail suspension bridge before continuing across it to Lantau Island. Spend time in Tai O Village to enjoy a short boat ride through this fishing village, and then explore its patchwork of old streets, small shops, shrines, and temples. Continue to the exquisitely built Po Lin Monastery where you will view the majestic bronze Buddha, and explore its museum. After lunch, take in the sweeping views of the lush terrains of Lantau from the Ngong Ping cable car, a 5.7 km skyrail. Later, return to your hotel in Hong Kong. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels.
Costs $120 per person in 2021.
Day 7 Hong Kong & Singapore
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Day 8 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeingFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterwards, make a stop a local handicraft market. Proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, boasting 60,000 orchid plants. The balance of the day is at leisure where you can perhaps explore the Gardens by the Bay or taste your way through Singapore’s many Hawker Food Centers.
Day 9 Singapore
- Full day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursionOptional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $30
Featuring more than 1 million plants from more than 5,000 species, Gardens by the Bay is a must-see destination filled with wonders from around the world. Marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night. Hotel pick-up service is included, but visitors must make their own way back to their hotel. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Guide service within the park and entrance to the OCBD skyway excluded.
Costs $30 per person.
Day 10 Singapore & Bali
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Bali
- Upon arrival in Bali, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast
Day 11 Bali
- Tour Taman Ayun Temple, a traditional market and Jatiluwih rice terraces
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast & lunchFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast this morning, set off through small villages and incredible landscapes. First stop at the UNESCO site, Taman Ayun Temple. It was built in 1634 to serve as the Royal family’s temple of the Mengwi dynasty. The temple is a truly stunning piece of historic architecture, surrounded by a moat and intricately carved wooden gates.
Continue through the beautiful countryside and little villages with an uphill drive to Bratan Lake. Located over 3,900 feet above sea level, this volcanic lake is surrounded by spectacular views. Take a walk to the water to the famous Ulun Danu Temple which sits on a small island on the far shores of the lake.
Next, explore the colorful market of Candikuning. Then, drive through some of the most beautiful rice terraces in all of Bali around Jatiluwih area. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant located the middle of a tranquil rainforest at slopes of Batukaru Mountain, a relaxing setting for a traditional Balinese lunch. Afterwards, explore some the Jatiluwih rice terraces, where the guide will explain the incredible irrigation systems that allow the people to harvest rice up to four times a year. Finally, return to the hotel for the balance of the day at leisure.
Day 12 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own, or join an optional Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour, $200
Today you will get a true taste of the local culture, traditions and lifestyles with this immersive Balinese experience. Pray: Receive a blessing by a pedanda, a traditional Balinese priest, meet an astrologer who uses ancient methods handed down from generation to generation to read your fortune. Eat: You will experience the family techniques and learn more about the fresh produce, herbs spices and local Balinese cooking methods at the Kayun house, a neighborhood natural organic restaurant, it is named after a Balinese word “Kayun” which means, “Heart”. While the locals are preparing your dish, take a walk around the village compound to learn about the local architecture and layout of rural villages. Return to the house to dine on your tasty cuisine. Love: After lunch, complete your experience with a relaxing 1-hour Balinese massage. Note: A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
Day 13 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own or join a half day optional Balinese Cooking Class
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Half Day Balinese Cooking Class, $85
Transfer from your hotel to a local restaurant or guesthouse, where you will greeted by your chef and staff. Take a short walk to the vegetable market where you will browse the stalls with your guide- learning about the fresh spices, herbs and vegetables on sale. After your tour of the market, walk to the restaurant to commence the cooking. You’ll then meet in the kitchen, wearing aprons, and begin your cooking. Not only will you discover the herbs, spices and techniques of Balinese cooking but you will also learn about the ceremonial and cultural significance of food in Balinese society. The menu changes daily and after preparing the lavish feast, sit down to enjoy the meal together with a glass or two of local rice wine or homemade hibiscus tea. This tour is offered on a join-in basis and may include other participants. Note: A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
Costs $85 per person in 2021.
Day 14 Depart Bali/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
- Some flights may arrive in the USA next day
- Or take advantage of your already included international airfare and join our optional extension to Nusa Dua.
Nusa Dua Extension
Take advantage of your already included airfare and add an optional extension to beautiful Nusa Dua. This luxury beach extension includes 3 nights in Nusa Dua, daily breakfast, transfers from Ubud to Nusa Dua, and return transfer to Denpasar International Airport. Passengers taking the Nusa Dua extension will return to the U.S. 3 days later than the return dates shown.
Day 14 Ubud/Nusa Dua
- Transfer to Nusa Dua with a private driver and English speaking guide
- Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 15 Nusa Dua
- Full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a day at leisure to relax, sight-see, or shop in one of Bali's most popular resort towns, Nusa Dua. Here, upscale shopping and world class resorts are nestled between ancient temples and natural landmarks. Take time to pamper yourself at one of the numerous Balinese spas, or for the more adventurous traveler, Nusa Dua is a haven for water activities like snorkling, scuba diving, parasailing, or taking a spin on a jet ski!
Or take time to see one of the many historical attractions, like Geger Temple, overlooking the ocean on a limestone cliff. While the temple gates are usually locked, as they reserve the space for major ceremonies, it's still a worthwhile visit to witness the beautiful shrines and inner courtyards. Or wait until low tide and visit the section south of the temple walls, where a hidden shrine appears between the limestone crevasses.
Day 16 Nusa Dua
- Last full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 17 Depart Nusa Dua/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the US via Singapore
With its luxurious accommodations and stunning 17-story atrium, the Royal Garden Hotel is renowned for its unique architectural design, comfortable accommodations, personalized service, and above all, location, location, location. Centrally located in the heart of Kowloon, the Royal Garden Hotel provides easy access to the business and shopping area of Tsim Sha Tsui East and is close to public transportation. A variety of attractions, such as the Star Ferry, the Clock Tower, and the Museum of Art, are within walking distance from the hotel. Numerous shopping and dining venues are also nearby. The refined and elegant interior combines the best of both Eastern and Western detailing with contemporary setting in the public area.
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
Komaneka at Bisma is about grand spaces, luxurious interiors, and a heart-lifting panorama over a valley of tropical rain forest - all just a 10-minute walk from Ubud's Main Street. The resort's iconic 33-meter lap pool is the jewel of this beautiful five-hectare resort. Nestled in the tropical gardens are the resort's own rice fields, a Spa Villa with adjacent semi-circular leisure pool, and a jogging path.
Located on the picturesque cliffs of southern Nusa Dua, The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas boasts magnificent uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean. The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas is perfectly located only a minute walk from a secluded private beach, and 7 miles from the Ngurah Rai International Airport.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Indonesia? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Bali? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Hong Kong? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.