Singapore & Tokyo Adventure
Modern mixes with traditional in Tokyo, plus explore the cultures of Singapore; travel on your own with flights, airport transfers, hotel & city tours included
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||October – December 2023|
|Themes||History & Culture, City Stays|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Begin your adventure in Tokyo, a place so deliciously different from what we know. A place where the uber hip and quietly conservative share space in a wonderful mix of neon lights, world-class food, Zen contemplation and downright fun. Cherry blossoms framing a silhouette of Mt. Fuji, sushi and ramen, karaoke and kimonos – Japan is a place so deeply rooted in tradition yet so welcoming of the future, and it all coalesces into a perfectly preened bonsai tree for the inquisitive traveler.
Then, continue on to Singapore, a city state that warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of peoples that call the country home. This melting pot has left a lasting impact on the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. In recent years, awe-inspiring, futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country still retains its charming, historic neighborhoods crisscrossed by crowded side streets still teeming with traditional vendor stalls. Nicknamed, the “City in a Garden”, Singapore is covered in greenery and full of impressive gardens, such as the Singapore Botanic Garden which is home to the world’s largest orchid display.
- Round trip flights from Los Angeles via Singapore Airlines non-stop jet service including taxes & fees
- 7 nights Superior First Class accommodations
- 7 meals: 7 breakfasts
- Arrival and departures transfers
- Guided City tours of Tokyo and Singapore
- Added-Value: ¥2,500 pre-paid Suica transit/e-money card
- Exciting optional excursions in Tokyo and to nearby Mt. Fuji & Hakone or Nikko
- Singapore optional excursions like a visit to the Zoo or a thrilling River Safari
Why you'll love it
- Travel to Tokyo and Singapore non-stop via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines.
- Enjoy the city views from the top of the Tokyo Tower, the second-tallest structure in Japan.
- Wander along the arched bridges, black pines, and lush greenery of the Imperial Palace's ornate gardens.
- Marvel at the towering pagoda and gate of Sensoji Temple, Tokyo's oldest and most significant temple.
- Explore Singapore independently or join an optional Gardens by the Bay Excursion.
- Admire over 60,000 diverse orchids at the National Orchid Garden, located in the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
- Discover Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of Singapore's oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Depart USA
- 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- 3 Tokyo City Tour
- 4 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
- 5 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $165
- 6 Tokyo/Singapore
- 7 Singapore
- 8 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
- 9 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jun 6, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Jun 14, 2023
Jun 6 – Jun 14
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jul 18, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Jul 26, 2023
Jul 18 – Jul 26
Departs U.S.: Tue, Aug 8, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Aug 16, 2023
Aug 8 – Aug 16
Departs U.S.: Tue, Sep 12, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Sep 20, 2023
Sep 12 – Sep 20
Departs U.S.: Tue, Oct 10, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Oct 18, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 10 – Oct 18
Departs U.S.: Tue, Oct 31, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Nov 8, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 31 – Nov 8
Departs U.S.: Tue, Dec 5, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Dec 13, 2023
Book by Thu, Jun 29, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 5 – Dec 13
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Singapore & Tokyo Adventure|
|Dec 5, 2023||$949|
|Jun 6, 2023||$1199|
|Jul 18, 2023; Sep 12, 2023||$1249|
|All other dates||$999|
|Full Day Nikko with lunch||$210|
|Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch||$195|
|Gardens by the Bay|
|Jul 18, 2023||unavailable|
|All other dates||$35|
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)1||included|
1. Upgrades may be available to Premium Economy or Business Class. Request this upgrade during the booking process in the Special Requests section, and we will check the availability and provide you with a price.
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? For this package, you may request flights from San Francisco or NYC. Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from any other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights. Ask us for a quote for flights from your preferred city when (or after) you book, and we'll get back to you with the price and availability within 3 business days. Of course, you can also book your own connecting flights. More information
Day 1 Depart USA
- Check-in for your overnight non-stop flight to Tokyo via Singapore Airlines
Day 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- Meet our representative upon arrival at Narita International Airport
- Transfer via scheduled airport bus to your hotel located in central Tokyo for check-inFull Day Itinerary
Tokyo e Youkoso! (Welcome to Tokyo!) Arrive today in Tokyo, one of the world's leading economic centers and Japan's modern capital. Upon arrival, transfer, via scheduled airport bus, to your hotel located in central Tokyo, near famous districts like Roppongi and Akasaka. En route, you'll have your first glimpse of the quintessential Tokyo's stunning, modern skyline and glittering neon-lit streets. The remainder of the evening is at leisure.
Day 3 Tokyo City Tour
- After breakfast, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights
- The tour ends at Tokyo Station; explore independently or make your own way back to the hotel
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast this morning, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights. Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after (and slightly taller than) the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where you will enjoy a fantastic view of the city. Proceed to the Imperial Palace Garden Plaza, which dates back to the 15th century and is the former site of Edo Castle and the present residence of the Emperor of Japan. Visitors are not permitted inside this very private residence of royalty. Stop at a viewpoint to admire the Nijubashi Bridge and surrounding gardens.
Continue to Sensoji Temple, also known as Asakusa Kannon, dedicated to the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion. Sensoji Temple is one of the most famous sights in Tokyo. Later, stroll Nakamise shopping street, which stretches approximately 250 meters from the main grounds of Sensoji Temple. It is lined with more than 50 shops offering local specialties and souvenirs. Finally, drive through Ueno and Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara. Finally, the tour will disband at Tokyo Station, where you can continue your exploration independently or return to your hotel.
Day 4 Tokyo
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Tokyo on your own
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy today discovering the wonders of Tokyo and all it has to offer. Your hotel is conveniently located in the center of Tokyo, and by train or subway, you can easily explore Tokyo's significant attractions using your pre-paid Suica transit card. From popular shopping areas like Ginza and Omotesando, where you can purchase the latest fashions, to sprawling entertainment and nightlife districts like Roppongi and Shinjuku, Tokyo seems to have a place to indulge in every desire. And, by taking a relaxing stroll through one of Tokyo's beautiful parks or gardens, you may even forget that you're in the largest city in the world. See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions or schedule a day trip to Nikko. To book optional excursions in Tokyo for this tour, go to www.jtb-sunrisetours.jp. These excursions are operated by Sunrise Tours JTB, our land operator for this tour.Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
This full-day tour by motor coach will take you from Tokyo to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Nikko. This city is picturesquely set amid mountains, where numerous magnificent shrines and pagodas are found, including Toshogu Shrine, which houses the mausoleum of the first Tokugawa shogun. The shrine has an unusual mixture of Confucian, Zen, and Shinto architecture and is the original site of the see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil monkeys, which you will find carved on one of the gates. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo’s famous nightlife. Nikko is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included.
Day 5 Tokyo
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Tokyo on your own
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day ItineraryFull day at leisure to explore Tokyo.See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions, or schedule a day trip to Mt. Fuji.Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $165
This full-day trip from Tokyo takes you to one of Japan's most iconic places, Mt. Fuji. Travel by motor coach up to Mt. Fuji's 5th Station. At this height, you will be amazed at the spectacular, breathtaking views from high above the clouds. After an included lunch, sightseeing continues in popular Hakone with a Lake Ashi cruise and a gondola ride on one of Hakone's ropeways. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo's famous nightlife. Mt. Fuji is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included.
Day 6 Tokyo/Singapore
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Day 7 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeingFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court, and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterward, make a stop at a local handicraft market. Proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, boasting 60,000 orchid plants. The balance of the day is at leisure, where you can perhaps explore the Gardens by the Bay or taste your way through Singapore’s many Hawker Food Centers.
Day 8 Singapore
- Full day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursionOptional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
Featuring more than 1 million plants from more than 5,000 species, Gardens by the Bay is a must-see destination filled with wonders worldwide. Marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens by replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night. Hotel pick-up service is included, but visitors must make their own way back to their hotel. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Guide service within the park and entrance to the OCBD skyway are excluded.
$35 per person
Day 9 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
The Keio Plaza Hotel is in an ideal location to explore the delights of the city of Tokyo. Situated in Shinjuku, in the very heart of the Tokyo metropolis, it is only minutes away from the most popular shopping and entertainment spots. Take time to enjoy the outdoor pool located on the seventh floor of the main building, as well as a fitness room.
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Depart from another city? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Japan? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.