Join our team! We’re hiring. Learn more.

Entry Requirements & Travel Visas

Package: The American Southwest
Entry requirements are provided for your convenience. However, unless otherwise stated, it is your responsibility to determine the requirements that apply to you and your trip and to comply with them, including obtaining any necessary visas or other travel documents by the required deadlines and carrying them with you. Especially with COVID-19, requirements are subject to change, so check back for the latest before you depart.

Be advised that as of July 1, 2022, this tour requires the use of a mask while on the touring coach and at Grand Canyon National Park. These masks must be either surgical or KN95/K95. Cloth masks are not allowed. Please be sure to pack extras to have on hand for use throughout the trip.

The United StatesUnited States Entry Requirements

Advice from Friendly Planet

COVID-19 Travel Requirements in the United States

  • The United States does not currently have a special entry or travel testing requirement for US travelers traveling domestically. 
  • During travel, a mask covering your nose and mouth is still required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation. 

Advice from our partner Sherpa

This feature requires JavaScript, which is either not enabled or not working in your browser.

General Requirements & Guidelines

Advice from Friendly Planet

  • In general, you must have a passport to travel abroad, which should be valid for at least six months after your return date. Passports expiring before then should be renewed as soon as possible. Passports contain at least 2 blank pages for each country visited. If your passport does not have this many pages, obtain a new passport as soon as possible.
  • If your passport and visa are not in order, airlines and cruise ships may deny boarding, countries may deny entry, and your trip may be disrupted. Travel insurance may not cover such losses.
  • Any changes in names or passport information should be reported to us immediately. Airlines and cruise ships may deny boarding if the name on your passport does not match your tickets.
  • Minors (age 17 or younger) departing and/or returning to the U.S. without parents or with only one parent may be required by U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP) to present a notarized parental consent letter and/or unabridged birth certificate (more information). Many other countries have similar entry requirements, especially for minors traveling with a parent/guardian with a different surname; check with the consulates of all countries you'll be visiting to learn more.
© Friendly Planet Travel   Privacy Policy