Careers at Friendly Planet
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions.
We are seeking a creative, knowledgeable, disciplined lead developer to manage our websites, take the lead on recoding and updating our legacy intranet site into .NET Core, and develop new functionality for our systems.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and enjoy working independently, learning and discovering new and better ways to handle the challenges of our day-to-day activities, while also working collaboratively with our team, including our front-end developer, outside developers when needed, and IT team. An Innovative and ambitious professional will enjoy an opportunity to grow into a future position managing technology for our company.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or proven commensurate experience (at least 5 years)
- Fluency in .NET Core, with knowledge of Classic ASP/VBScript a plus
- Knowledge of SQL Server and ability to read, write, and optimize SQL queries
- Experience with cloud systems, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Experience with front-end development, including modern HTML/JS/jQuery/CCS a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Microsoft Dynamics CRM, with integration experience a plus
- Experience with React/Next.js a plus
- Ability to coordinate with and oversee outside resources, as needed
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a group
- Strong focus on efficiency, user experience, time management, and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
We are a small (presently 22 person) tour operator, in business for 40 years and specializing in creating and operating small group tours to destinations throughout the world. We operate in a hybrid model with our local staff working in our Jenkintown, PA, office two or three days a week and remotely two or three days a week.
Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.