Singapore, Tokyo & Hong Kong Adventure
Singapore, Tokyo & Hong Kong; discover the history, art, religion & cuisine of 3 Asian cities on your own; flights, hotel & city tours included
Add-ons are available to depart and return from the same airport.
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||May – December 2023|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Prepare for an adventure through three of Asia’s most iconic cities: Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong. Among the most modern in the world, each still perfectly maintains an aromatic blend of historic sites, traditional culture, and food that has been simmering for centuries.
You’ll begin your adventure in Tokyo, a place so deliciously different from what we know: cherry blossoms framing a silhouette of Mt. Fuji, sushi and ramen, karaoke and kimonos, a place so deeply rooted in process and tradition yet so welcoming of the future. And all coalesce into a perfectly preened bonsai tree for the inquisitive traveler. Then, continue on to Singapore, a city state that warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of peoples that call the country home. This melting pot has left a lasting impact on the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. Futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country still retains its charming, temple and street-food laden neighborhoods. Finally, explore Hong Kong, a truly cosmopolitan mélange known for its glorious harbor, excellent shopping, renowned restaurants, and perhaps the best nighttime skyline in the world.
- Round trip flights via Singapore Airlines non-stop jet service (departs from Los Angeles and returns to San Francisco) including taxes & fees
- 10 nights Superior First Class accommodations, plus late check out in Hong Kong
- 10 Meals: 10 breakfasts
- Arrival and departures transfers
- City tours of Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong with English-speaking local guides
- Added-Value: ¥2,500 pre-paid Suica transit/e-money card
- Singapore Airlines Premium Economy upgrades available from $1,270 per person, subject to availability
- Exciting optional excursions in Tokyo and to nearby Mt. Fuji & Hakone or Nikko
- Singapore optional excursions like a visit to the Zoo or a thrilling River Safari
- Optional excursion to Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau
Why you'll love it
- Set off on your non-stop flight via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines and begin your journey discovering the history, art, religion & cuisine of Singapore, Tokyo & Hong Kong.
- Take in sprawling city views from atop the Tokyo Tower, Japan’s second tallest structure that resembles the Eiffel Tower.
- Marvel at the towering pagoda and gate of Sensoji Temple, dedicated to the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion.
- Stroll past the arched stone bridges, black pines, and lush greenery of the Imperial Palace's stunning gardens.
- Spend 2 days exploring Tokyo independently, or join optional excursions to the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Mount Fuji and Nikko.
- Explore one of Singapore's oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples, Thian Hock Keng Temple.
- Surround yourself with over 60,000 colorful orchids at the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens.
- Discover Singapore on your own or join an optional Gardens by the Bay excursion.
- Ascend Victoria Peak via tram for a breathtaking view of Hong Kong.
- Prepare to be dazzled by Hong Kong's Victoria Harbor.
- Enjoy the freedom of exploring Hong Kong at your own pace, or join an on optional Lantau tour.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Depart LAX
- 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- 3 Tokyo City Tour
- 4 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
- 5 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $165
- 6 Tokyo & Singapore
- 7 Singapore
- 8 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
- 9 Singapore & Hong Kong
- 10 Hong Kong
- 11 Hong Kong
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour, $120
- 12 Depart Hong Kong/Arrive SFO
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Departs U.S.: Tue, Apr 11, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Apr 22, 2023
Apr 11 – Apr 22
Departs U.S.: Tue, May 16, 2023
Finishes: Sat, May 27, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! May 16 – May 27
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jun 6, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Jun 17, 2023
Jun 6 – Jun 17
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jul 18, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Jul 29, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 18 – Jul 29
Departs U.S.: Tue, Aug 8, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Aug 19, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Aug 8 – Aug 19
Departs U.S.: Tue, Sep 12, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Sep 23, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 12 – Sep 23
Departs U.S.: Tue, Oct 10, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Oct 21, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 10 – Oct 21
Departs U.S.: Tue, Oct 31, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Nov 11, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 31 – Nov 11
Departs U.S.: Tue, Dec 5, 2023
Finishes: Sat, Dec 16, 2023
Book by Thu, Apr 13, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 5 – Dec 16
Unfortunately, we don't offer late returns on this package. Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|May 16, 2023; Jun 6, 2023; Dec 5, 2023||$1299|
|Jul 18, 2023; Aug 8, 2023||$1349|
|Sep 12, 2023; Oct 31, 2023||$1399|
|Apr 11, 2023; Oct 10, 2023||$1499|
|Full Day Nikko with lunch||$210|
|Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch||$195|
|Gardens by the Bay||$35|
|Full Day Lantau with Lunch||$120|
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles, returns to San Francisco||included|
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights.
Day 1 Depart LAX
- Check-in at Los Angeles (LAX) for your overnight non-stop flight to Tokyo via Singapore Airlines
Day 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- Meet our representative upon arrival at Narita International Airport
- Transfer via scheduled airport bus to your hotel located in central Tokyo for check-inFull Day Itinerary
Tokyo e Youkoso! (Welcome to Tokyo!) Arrive in Tokyo, one of the world's leading economic centers and Japan's modern capital. Upon arrival, transfer, via scheduled airport bus, to your hotel located in central Tokyo, near popular districts like Roppongi and Akasaka. En route, you'll have your first glimpse of the stunning, modern skyline and glittering neon-lit streets that are quintessential Tokyo. The remainder of the evening is at leisure.
Day 3 Tokyo City Tour
- After breakfast, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights
- Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- View the beautiful gardens at the Imperial Palace
- Continue to Sensoji Temple and Nakamise shopping street
- Finally, drive through Ueno and Tokyo's "Electric Town," Akihabara
- The tour ends at Tokyo Station; explore independently or make your own way back to the hotel
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day ItineraryAfter breakfast, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights. Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after (and slightly taller than) the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where you will enjoy a wonderful view of the city. Proceed to the Imperial Palace Garden Plaza, which dates back to the 15th century and is the former site of Edo Castle and the present residence of the Emperor of Japan. Visitors are not permitted inside this very private residence of royalty. Stop at a viewpoint to admire the Nijubashi Bridge and surrounding gardens.Continue to Sensoji Temple, also known as Asakusa Kannon, dedicated to the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion. Sensoji Temple is one of the most popular sights in Tokyo. Later, stroll Nakamise shopping street, which stretches approximately 250 meters from the main grounds of Sensoji Temple. It is lined with more than 50 shops offering local specialties and souvenirs. Finally, drive through Ueno and Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara. Finally, the tour will disband at Tokyo Station, where you can continue your exploration independently or make your own way back to your hotel.
Day 4 Tokyo
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Tokyo on your own
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy today discovering the wonders of Tokyo and all it has to offer. Your hotel is conveniently located in the center of Tokyo, and by train or subway, you can easily explore Tokyo's major attractions using your pre-paid Suica transit card. From popular shopping areas like Ginza and Omotesando, where you can purchase the latest fashions, to sprawling entertainment and nightlife districts like Roppongi and Shinjuku, Tokyo seems to have a place to indulge in every desire. And, by taking a relaxing stroll through one of Tokyo's beautiful parks or gardens, you may even forget that you're in the largest city in the world. See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions or schedule a day trip to Nikko.Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
This full-day tour by motor coach will take you from Tokyo to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Nikko, a city picturesquely set amid mountains, where numerous shrines and pagodas are found, including Toshogu Shrine, which houses the mausoleum of the first Tokugawa shogun. The shrine has an unusual mixture of Confucian, Zen, and Shinto architecture and is the original site of the see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, and speak-no-evil monkeys, which you will find carved on one of the gates. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your own way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo’s famous nightlife. Nikko is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included. (Note: Toshogu Shrine is currently being renovated in various stages lasting through Mar 2024.)
Day 5 Tokyo
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Tokyo on your own
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Full day at leisure to explore Tokyo.
See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions, or schedule a day trip to Mt. Fuji.Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $165
This full-day trip from Tokyo takes you to one of Japan’s most iconic places, Mt. Fuji. Travel by motor coach up to Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station. At this height, you will be amazed at the spectacular, breathtaking views from high above the clouds. After an included lunch, sightseeing continues in popular Hakone with a Lake Ashi cruise and a gondola ride on one of Hakone's ropeways. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your own way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo’s famous nightlife. Mt. Fuji is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included.
Day 6 Tokyo & Singapore
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Day 7 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeingFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court, and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterward, make a stop at a local handicraft market. Proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, boasting 60,000 orchid plants. Enjoy the rest of your day at leisure, where you can perhaps explore the Gardens by the Bay or taste your way through Singapore’s many Hawker Food Centers.
Day 8 Singapore
- Full day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursionOptional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $35
Featuring more than 1 million plants from more than 5,000 species, Gardens by the Bay is a must-see destination filled with wonders worldwide. Marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night. Hotel pick-up service is included, but visitors must make their own way back to their hotel. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Guide service within the park and entrance to the OCBD skyway are excluded.
Cost $35 per person
Day 9 Singapore & Hong Kong
- Arrive in Hong Kong and transfer to your hotel
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Day 10 Hong Kong
- Morning tour of Hong Kong Island with peak tram ride
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day ItineraryYour morning tour of Hong Kong Island features a ride to the top of Victoria Peak for a magnificent city and harbor view. Descend and continue to Repulse Bay and Aberdeen fishing village, a community of 600 colorful floating homes. Conclude your tour with some time for shopping. The afternoon is yours at leisure for independent sightseeing in the city.Tonight, we recommend an optional dinner cruise (purchased locally) aboard the Hong Kong Bauhinia, where you'll enjoy a fabulous dinner, live music, and stunning nighttime views of the glistening harbor.
Day 11 Hong Kong
- Full day at leisure, or join an optional excursion
The Royal Garden BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a full day at leisure to take in the sights and sounds of Hong Kong on your own or shop to your heart's content. Or, take advantage of a unique optional excursion.Optional Excursion: Full Day Lantau Tour, $120
Visit Hong Kong's largest island, Lantau, lying at the mouth of the Pearl River. Depart your hotel this morning on a scenic drive to your first stop, the viewing platform of the Tsing Ma Bridge, the world's longest road/rail suspension bridge, before continuing across it to Lantau Island. Spend time in Tai O Village to enjoy a short boat ride through this fishing village, and then explore its patchwork of old streets, small shops, shrines, and temples. Continue to the exquisitely built Po Lin Monastery, where you will view the majestic bronze Buddha and explore its museum. After lunch, take in the sweeping views of the lush terrains of Lantau from the Ngong Ping cable car, a 5.7 km skyrail. Later, return to your hotel in Hong Kong. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels.
Day 12 Depart Hong Kong/Arrive SFO
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in San Francisco (SFO) later today
The Keio Plaza Hotel is in an ideal location to explore the delights of the city of Tokyo. Situated in Shinjuku, in the very heart of the Tokyo metropolis, it is only minutes away from the most popular shopping and entertainment spots. Take time to enjoy the outdoor pool located on the seventh floor of the main building, as well as a fitness room.
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
With its luxurious accommodations and stunning 17-story atrium, the Royal Garden Hotel is renowned for its unique architectural design, comfortable accommodations, personalized service, and above all, location, location, location. Centrally located in the heart of Kowloon, the Royal Garden Hotel provides easy access to the business and shopping area of Tsim Sha Tsui East and is close to public transportation. A variety of attractions, such as the Star Ferry, the Clock Tower, and the Museum of Art, are within walking distance from the hotel. Numerous shopping and dining venues are also nearby. The refined and elegant interior combines the best of both Eastern and Western detailing with contemporary setting in the public area.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Japan? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Hong Kong? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.