Singapore & Bali Adventure
Singapore's cityscape & garden landscapes & culture-rich Ubud, Bali; with flights, hotels & city tours included plus optional Nusa Dua Beach extension
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||September 2022 – December 2023|
|Themes||History & Culture, Nature & Wildlife|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. The included tour in Bali requires a higher level of physical fitness and has some walking on uneven terrain and drives on bumpy roads. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Explore Singapore, a city state at the crossroads of culture. Singapore warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of peoples that call the country home, and which you’ll discover in the cultural enclaves of Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam (Malay district). And this melting pot has left a lasting impact on the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. In recent years, awe-inspiring, futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country still retains its charming, historic neighborhoods crisscrossed by crowded side streets still teeming with traditional vendor stalls. Nicknamed, the “City in a Garden”, Singapore is covered in greenery and full of impressive gardens, such as the Singapore Botanic Garden which is home to the world’s largest orchid display.
Then, continue your Asian adventure in Bali. Stay in artistic and wonderfully serene Ubud, the cultural epicenter of this lush and laid-back island. Hindu temples adorn the urban landscape while looming volcanoes and vibrant green rice terraces decorate the horizon. Ubud is the type of town where time takes a break, where days among the restaurants, cafes and artisan street stalls inadvertently turn to weeks. You’ll have a hard time leaving Ubud, and an even harder time forgetting it!
- Round trip flights from LAX via Singapore Airlines including taxes & fees
- 7 nights Superior First Class accommodations
- 8 meals: 7 breakfasts and 1 lunch
- Arrival and departure transfers
- City tour of Singapore & Bali island tour with English-speaking local guides
- Gardens by the Bay Excursion
- Eat, Pray & Love Day Tour
- Half Day Balinese Cooking Class
- Optional extension to Nusa Dua, Bali
Why you'll love it
- Hop aboard your non-stop flight via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines.
- Explore Singapore at your own pace, or join an optional excursion to Gardens by the Bay.
- Discover the Singapore Botanic Gardens, including the National Orchid Garden which is home to over 60,000 colorful orchids.
- Visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of Singapore's oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples.
- Tour Taman Ayun Temple in Bali, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Admire some of the beautiful Jatiluwih rice terraces and learn about the complex irrigation systems.
- Explore the wonders of Bali independently or join an optional cooking class or an Eat, Pray and Love day-tour.
Itinerary at a Glance
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jun 20, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Jun 29, 2022
Jun 20 – Jun 29
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jul 11, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Jul 20, 2022
Jul 11 – Jul 20
Departs U.S.: Mon, Aug 22, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Aug 31, 2022
Aug 22 – Aug 31
Departs U.S.: Mon, Sep 26, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Oct 5, 2022
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 26 – Oct 5
Departs U.S.: Mon, Oct 24, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Nov 2, 2022
Oct 24 – Nov 2
Departs U.S.: Mon, Nov 21, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Nov 30, 2022
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 21 – Nov 30
Departs U.S.: Mon, Dec 5, 2022
Finishes: Wed, Dec 14, 2022
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 5 – Dec 14
Departs U.S.: Mon, Feb 27, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Mar 8, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Feb 27 – Mar 8
Departs U.S.: Mon, Mar 27, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Apr 5, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Mar 27 – Apr 5
Departs U.S.: Mon, Apr 24, 2023
Finishes: Wed, May 3, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Apr 24 – May 3
Departs U.S.: Mon, May 15, 2023
Finishes: Wed, May 24, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! May 15 – May 24
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jun 19, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Jun 28, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jun 19 – Jun 28
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jul 10, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Jul 19, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 10 – Jul 19
Departs U.S.: Mon, Aug 21, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Aug 30, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Aug 21 – Aug 30
Departs U.S.: Mon, Sep 25, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Oct 4, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 25 – Oct 4
Departs U.S.: Mon, Oct 23, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Nov 1, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 23 – Nov 1
Departs U.S.: Mon, Nov 20, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Nov 29, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 20 – Nov 29
Departs U.S.: Mon, Dec 4, 2023
Finishes: Wed, Dec 13, 2023
Book by Thu, Jul 28, 2022 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 4 – Dec 13
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Singapore & Bali Adventure|
|Oct 24, 2022; Nov 21, 2022; Dec 5, 2022; Feb 27, 2023; Apr 24, 2023; May 15, 2023; Oct 23, 2023; Nov 20, 2023; Dec 4, 2023||$1049|
|Aug 22, 2022||$1199|
|Aug 21, 2023||$1349|
|Jul 11, 2022||$1449|
|Jul 10, 2023||$1599|
|All other dates||$1299|
|Gardens by the Bay||$30|
|Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour1||$225|
|Half Day Balinese Cooking Class2||$90|
1. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
2. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension|
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension1|
|Jul 11, 2022; Oct 24, 2022||$799|
|Jul 10, 2023||$999|
|Dec 5, 2022||$1099|
|Aug 21, 2023||$1149|
|Sep 26, 2022||unavailable|
|All other dates||$899|
|Sep 26, 2022||unavailable|
|All other dates||included|
|Aug 22, 2022||$799|
|Jul 10, 2023||$849|
|Aug 21, 2023||$999|
|Sep 26, 2022||unavailable|
|All other dates||$749|
1. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate and is subject to availability.
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)1||included|
1. Upgrades may be available to Premium Economy or Business Class. Request this upgrade during the booking process in the Special Requests section, and we will check the availability and provide you with a price.
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? For this package, you may request flights from San Francisco or NYC. Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from any other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights. Ask us for a quote for flights from your preferred city when (or after) you book, and we'll get back to you with the price and availability within 3 business days. Of course, you can also book your own connecting flights. More information
Day 1 Check In
- Check in this evening at San Francisco (SFO) for your flight to Singapore via Hong Kong, departing shortly after midnight
Day 2 Depart USA
- Depart SFO on your flight to Singapore
Day 3 Arrive Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Day 4 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeingFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterwards, make a stop at a local handicraft market. Finally, proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, which boasts 60,000 orchid plants. The balance of the day is at leisure where you can perhaps explore the Gardens by the Bay or taste your way through Singapore’s many Hawker Food Centers.
Day 5 Singapore
- Full day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursionOptional Excursion: Gardens by the Bay, $30
Featuring more than 1 million plants from more than 5,000 species, Gardens by the Bay is a must-see destination filled with wonders from around the world. Marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. Replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate, Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night. Hotel pick-up service is included, but visitors must make their own way back to their hotel. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour and may have pick-up service from various hotels. Guide service within the park and entrance to the OCBD skyway excluded.
Costs $30 per person.
Day 6 Singapore & Bali
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Bali
- Upon arrival in Bali, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast
Day 7 Bali
- Tour Taman Ayun Temple, a traditional market and Jatiluwih rice terraces
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast & lunchFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast this morning, set off through small villages and incredible landscapes. First stop at the UNESCO site, Taman Ayun Temple. It was built in 1634 to serve as the Royal family’s temple of the Mengwi dynasty. The temple is a truly stunning piece of historic architecture, surrounded by a moat and intricately carved wooden gates.
Continue through the beautiful countryside and little villages with an uphill drive to Bratan Lake. Located over 3,900 feet above sea level, this volcanic lake is surrounded by spectacular views. Take a walk to the water to the famous Ulun Danu Temple which sits on a small island on the far shores of the lake.
Next, explore the colorful market of Candikuning. Then, drive through some of the most beautiful rice terraces in all of Bali around Jatiluwih area. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant located in the middle of a tranquil rainforest on the slopes of Batukaru Mountain, a relaxing setting for a traditional Balinese lunch. Afterwards, explore some of the Jatiluwih rice terraces, where the guide will explain the incredible irrigation systems that allow the people to harvest rice up to four times a year. Finally, return to the hotel for the balance of the day at leisure.
Day 8 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own or join an optional tour
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour, $200
Today you will get a true taste of the local culture, traditions and lifestyles with this immersive Balinese experience. Pray: Receive a blessing by a pedanda, a traditional Balinese priest, meet an astrologer who uses ancient methods handed down from generation to generation to read your fortune. Eat: You will experience the family techniques and learn more about the fresh produce, herbs spices and local Balinese cooking methods at the Kayun house, a neighborhood natural organic restaurant, it is named after a Balinese word “Kayun” which means, “Heart”. While the locals are preparing your dish, take a walk around the village compound to learn about the local architecture and layout of rural villages. Return to the house to dine on your tasty cuisine. Love: After lunch, complete your experience with a relaxing 1-hour Balinese massage. Note: A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
Day 9 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own or join an optional tour
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Half Day Balinese Cooking Class, $85
Transfer from your hotel to a local restaurant or guesthouse, where you will greeted by your chef and staff. Take a short walk to the vegetable market where you will browse the stalls with your guide- learning about the fresh spices, herbs and vegetables on sale. After your tour of the market, walk to the restaurant to commence the cooking. You’ll then meet in the kitchen, wearing aprons, and begin your cooking. Not only will you discover the herbs, spices and techniques of Balinese cooking but you will also learn about the ceremonial and cultural significance of food in Balinese society. The menu changes daily and after preparing the lavish feast, sit down to enjoy the meal together with a glass or two of local rice wine or homemade hibiscus tea. This tour is offered on a join-in basis and may include other participants. Note: A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
Costs $85 per person in 2021.
Day 10 Depart Bali/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
- Some flights may arrive in the USA next day
- Or take advantage of your already included international airfare and join our optional extension to Nusa Dua.
Nusa Dua Extension
Take advantage of your already included airfare and add an optional extension to beautiful Nusa Dua. This luxury beach extension includes 3 nights in Nusa Dua, daily breakfast, transfers from Ubud to Nusa Dua, and return transfer to Denpasar International Airport. Passengers taking the Nusa Dua extension will return to the U.S. 3 days later than the return dates shown.
Day 10 Ubud/Nusa Dua
- Transfer to Nusa Dua with a private driver and English speaking guide
- Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 11 Nusa Dua
- Full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a day at leisure to relax, sight-see, or shop in one of Bali's most popular resort towns, Nusa Dua. Here, upscale shopping and world class resorts are nestled between ancient temples and natural landmarks. Take time to pamper yourself at one of the numerous Balinese spas, or for the more adventurous traveler, Nusa Dua is a haven for water activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, or taking a spin on a jet ski!
Or take time to see one of the many historical attractions, like Geger Temple, overlooking the ocean on a limestone cliff. While the temple gates are usually locked, as they reserve the space for major ceremonies, it's still a worthwhile visit to witness the beautiful shrines and inner courtyards. Or wait until low tide and visit the section south of the temple walls, where a hidden shrine appears between the limestone crevasses.
Day 12 Nusa Dua
- Last full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 13 Depart Nusa Dua/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the US via Singapore
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
Komaneka at Bisma is about grand spaces, luxurious interiors, and a heart-lifting panorama over a valley of tropical rain forest - all just a 10-minute walk from Ubud's Main Street. The resort's iconic 33-meter lap pool is the jewel of this beautiful five-hectare resort. Nestled in the tropical gardens are the resort's own rice fields, a Spa Villa with adjacent semi-circular leisure pool, and a jogging path.
Located on the picturesque cliffs of southern Nusa Dua, The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas boasts magnificent uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean. The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas is perfectly located only a minute walk from a secluded private beach, and 7 miles from the Ngurah Rai International Airport.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Depart from another city? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Indonesia? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Bali? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.