Singapore & Bali Adventure
Singapore's cityscape & garden landscapes & culture-rich Ubud, Bali; with flights, hotels & city tours included plus optional Nusa Dua Beach extension
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||March – December 2024|
|Themes||History & Culture, Nature & Wildlife|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. The included tour in Bali requires a higher level of physical fitness and has some walking on uneven terrain and drives on bumpy roads. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Then, continue your Asian adventure in Bali. Stay in artistic and wonderfully serene Ubud, the cultural epicenter of this lush and laid-back island. Hindu temples adorn the urban landscape while looming volcanoes and vibrant green rice terraces decorate the horizon. Ubud is the type of town where time takes a break, where days among the restaurants, cafes and artisan street stalls inadvertently turn to weeks. You’ll have a hard time leaving Ubud, and an even harder time forgetting it!
- Round trip flights from LAX via Singapore Airlines including taxes & fees
- 7 nights Superior First Class accommodations
- 9 meals: 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinnner
- Arrival and departure transfers
- City tour of Singapore & Bali island tour with English-speaking local guides
- Singapore optional excursions Half Day Past and Present Singapore tour & Michelin Guide Street Food
- Bali optional excursions Eat, Pray and Love Day and Half Day Balinese Cooking Class
- Optional extension to Nusa Dua, Bali
Why you'll love it
- For each traveler visiting, Friendly Planet contributes to a carbon-neutral program which supports reforestation, clean water, replenishing mangroves, and seeding coral reefs.
- Hop aboard your non-stop flight via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines.
- Tour Singapore's highlights, including the Civic District, Merlion Park, and Thian Hock Keng Temple.
- Visit the National Orchid Garden, home to 60,000 orchid plants.
- Admire the indoor waterfall and over 1 million plants at Gardens by the Bay.
- Witness stunning panoramic city views at the Sands SkyPark.
- Tour Taman Ayun Temple in Bali, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Admire some of the beautiful Jatiluwih rice terraces and learn about the complex irrigation systems.
- Explore the wonders of Bali independently or join an optional cooking class or an Eat, Pray and Love day-tour.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Depart USA
- 2 En route
- 3 Arrive Singapore
- 4 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Half-Day Past and Present Singapore, $205
- 5 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Half-day Walking Tour: Michelin Guide Street Food, $250
- 6 Singapore & Bali
- 7 Bali
- 8 Bali
- Optional Excursion: Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour, $235
- 9 Bali
- Optional Excursion: Half Day Balinese Cooking Class, $95
- 10 Depart Bali/Arrive USA
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jan 22, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jan 31, 2024
Jan 22 – Jan 31
Departs U.S.: Mon, Feb 26, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Mar 6, 2024
Feb 26 – Mar 6
Departs U.S.: Mon, Mar 11, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Mar 20, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Mar 11 – Mar 20
Departs U.S.: Mon, May 13, 2024
Finishes: Wed, May 22, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! May 13 – May 22
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jun 17 – Jun 26
Departs U.S.: Mon, Jul 8, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jul 17, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 8 – Jul 17
Departs U.S.: Mon, Aug 19, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Aug 28, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Aug 19 – Aug 28
Departs U.S.: Mon, Sep 23, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Oct 2, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 23 – Oct 2
Departs U.S.: Mon, Oct 21, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Oct 30, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 21 – Oct 30
Departs U.S.: Mon, Nov 18, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Nov 27, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 18 – Nov 27
Departs U.S.: Mon, Dec 2, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Dec 11, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 2 – Dec 11
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Singapore & Bali Adventure|
|Oct 21, 2024||$1249|
|Jul 8, 2024; Aug 19, 2024||$1299|
|All other dates||$1149|
|Guaranteed Early Check-in1|
|Oct 21, 2024||$210|
|All other dates||$160|
|Oct 21, 2024||$420|
|All other dates||$320|
|Half-Day Past and Present Singapore2||$205|
|Half-day Walking Tour: Michelin Guide Street Food3||$250|
|Full Day Tour: Eat, Pray and Love with Lunch4||$235|
|Half Day Balinese Cooking Class5||$95|
1. Your room will be booked and guaranteed available if you arrive at the hotel before 3pm.
2. Requires a minimum of four passengers to operate.
3. Requires a minimum of four passengers to operate.
4. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
5. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate.
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension|
|Nusa Dua Beach Extension1|
|Jan 22, 2024||$899|
|Jul 8, 2024; Aug 19, 2024||$1049|
|All other dates||$949|
1. Requires a minimum of two passengers to operate and is subject to availability.
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)||included|
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? For this package, you may request flights from San Francisco or NYC. Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from any other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights. Ask us for a quote for flights from your preferred city when (or after) you book, and we'll get back to you with the price and availability within 3 business days. Of course, you can also book your own connecting flights. More information
Day 1 Depart USA
- Your journey begins this evening as you check in for your flight to Singapore
Day 2 En route
- Cross the International Dateline and lose a day. (You will recover this day on the return leg of your trip.)
Day 3 Arrive Singapore
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
- Enjoy a lavish buffet dinner at your hotel
- Optional Guaranteed Early Check-inFull Day Itinerary
Welcome to Singapore. After completing customs and immigration formalities, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel.
Join your fellow travelers for a lavish buffet dinner at Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clark Quay.
Day 4 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing or join an optional excursionFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court, and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterward, make a stop at a local handicraft market. Finally, proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, which boasts 60,000 orchid plants.
The balance of the day is at leisure, where you can taste your way through Singapore’s Hawker Food Centers, explore Singapore on your own or join an optional tour.Optional Excursion: Half-Day Past and Present Singapore, $205
Walk to Bugis Street and discover local markets, the iconic dry goods warehouse, and the famous Chinese Kwan Im Thong Temple. Travel to Little India and take in the many colors and exotic scents of spices while riding past the streets to learn about this unique community. Enjoy a light snack or drink and savor the local favorite roti prata, a south Indian flatbread made by frying stretched dough flavored with ghee.
Next, head to Kampong Glam, Singapore’s traditional Malay enclave, and home to the iconic Sultan Mosque, the famed Arab Street, and traditional eateries. Stroll along the site and visit the different shops while learning about the Malay culture in Singapore. Stop for a taste of the local teh tarik, a sweetened tea drink made with condensed or evaporated milk.
Day 5 Singapore
- Half-day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursion
- In the late afternoon, visit Sands SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands hotel
- Explore the Gardens by the BayFull Day Itinerary
Spend the morning at leisure or join an optional morning tour.
Later this afternoon, visit the Sands SkyPark, an awe-inspiring engineering wonder. This unique structural masterpiece floats atop the three soaring Marina Bay Sands hotel towers, over 650 ft. in the sky. Enjoy the unforgettable panorama views of the city’s impressive skyline from this vantage point.
In the early evening, visit Gardens by the Bay. Featuring more than 1 million plants from over 5,000 species, marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. The Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens by replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night.Optional Excursion: Half-day Walking Tour: Michelin Guide Street Food, $250
Meet with your local guide at the hotel and set out to discover Singapore’s popular hawker centers as you indulge in a Michelin Guide street food walking tour. Start at Chinatown Food Complex, a multi-story wet and dry market popular among locals and foreigners. Sip on kopi tarik or teh tarik, the famous pulled coffee or tea, and thick kaya toast. While learning about hawker culture in Singapore, work up an appetite and taste famous local snacks: popiah and kueh pie tee. Next, walk past the famous Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and towards the Singapore City Gallery. Walk to Ann Siang Hill through Ann Siang Hill Park and arrive at Amoy Street Food Centre. A slightly more modest food center, it is situated among office buildings. Later, head over to Little India and try out the Bismillah Briyani, Dum Briyani, and their authentic Indian cuisine. Return to your hotel with your guide. Alternatively, you can choose to explore on your own and return to your hotel independently.
Note: This tour requires extensive walking. This private tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate and this tour.
Day 6 Singapore & Bali
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Bali
- Upon arrival in Bali, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast
Day 7 Bali
- Tour Taman Ayun Temple, a traditional market and Jatiluwih rice terraces
Komaneka at Bisma Breakfast & lunchFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast this morning, set off through small villages and incredible landscapes. First stop at the UNESCO site, Taman Ayun Temple. It was built in 1634 to serve as the Royal family’s temple of the Mengwi dynasty. The temple is a truly stunning piece of historic architecture, surrounded by a moat and intricately carved wooden gates.
Continue through the beautiful countryside and little villages with an uphill drive to Bratan Lake. Located over 3,900 feet above sea level, this volcanic lake is surrounded by spectacular views. Take a walk to the water to the famous Ulun Danu Temple, which sits on a small island on the far shores of the lake.
Next, explore the colorful market of Candikuning. Then, drive through some of the most beautiful rice terraces in Bali around the Jatiluwih area. Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in the middle of a tranquil rainforest on the slopes of Batukaru Mountain, a relaxing setting for a traditional Balinese lunch. Afterward, explore some of the Jatiluwih rice terraces, where the guide will explain the incredible irrigation systems that allow the people to harvest rice up to four times a year.
Finally, return to the hotel for the balance of the afternoon at leisure.
Day 8 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own or join an optional tour
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Eat, Pray and Love Day Tour, $235
Today you will get an authentic taste of the local culture, traditions, and lifestyles with this immersive Balinese experience. Pray: Receive a blessing from a pedanda or traditional Balinese priest, and meet an astrologer who uses ancient methods handed down from generation to generation to read your fortune. Eat: You will experience the family techniques and learn more about the fresh produce, herbs, spices, and local Balinese cooking methods at the Kayun house, a neighborhood natural organic restaurant named after the Balinese word “Kayun,” which means “Heart.” While the locals prepare your dish, take a walk around the village compound to learn about the local architecture and layout of rural villages. Return to the house to dine on your tasty cuisine. Love: Complete your experience with a relaxing 1-hour Balinese massage after lunch.
Note: A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
Day 9 Bali
- Day at leisure to explore the wonders of Bali on your own or join an optional tour
Komaneka at Bisma BreakfastOptional Excursion: Half Day Balinese Cooking Class, $95
Transfer from your hotel to a local restaurant or guesthouse, where the chef and staff will greet you. Take a short walk to the vegetable market, where you will browse the stalls with your guide- learning about the fresh spices, herbs, and vegetables on sale. After you tour the market, walk to the restaurant to begin cooking. You’ll then meet in the kitchen, wearing aprons, and start your cooking. Not only will you discover the herbs, spices, and techniques of Balinese cuisine, but you will also learn about the ceremonial and cultural significance of food in Balinese society. The menu changes daily and after preparing the lavish feast, sit down to enjoy the meal with a glass or two of local rice wine or homemade hibiscus tea. This tour is offered on a join-in basis and may include other participants.
Day 10 Depart Bali/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
- Some flights may arrive in the USA next day
- Or take advantage of your already included international airfare and join our optional extension to Nusa Dua.
Nusa Dua Extension
Take advantage of your already included airfare and add an optional extension to beautiful Nusa Dua. This luxury beach extension includes 3 nights in Nusa Dua, daily breakfast, transfers from Ubud to Nusa Dua, and return transfer to Denpasar International Airport. Passengers taking the Nusa Dua extension will return to the U.S. 3 days later than the return dates shown.
Day 10 Ubud/Nusa Dua
- Transfer to Nusa Dua with a private driver and English speaking guide
- Enjoy the balance of the day at leisure
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 11 Nusa Dua
- Full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy a day at leisure to relax, sight-see, or shop in one of Bali's most popular resort towns, Nusa Dua. Upscale shopping and world-class resorts are nestled between ancient temples and natural landmarks. Take time to pamper yourself at one of the numerous Balinese spas, or for the more adventurous traveler, Nusa Dua is a haven for water activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, or taking a spin on a jet ski!
Or take time to see one of the many historical attractions, like Geger Temple, overlooking the ocean on a limestone cliff. While the temple gates are usually locked, as they reserve the space for meaningful ceremonies, it's still a worthwhile visit to witness the beautiful shrines and inner courtyards. Or wait until low tide and visit the section south of the temple walls, where a hidden shrine appears between the limestone crevasses.
Day 12 Nusa Dua
- Last full day at leisure to enjoy the sights and sounds of Nusa Dua
Samabe Bali Suites & Villas Breakfast
Day 13 Depart Nusa Dua/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the US via Singapore Airlines
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
Komaneka at Bisma is about grand spaces, luxurious interiors, and a heart-lifting panorama over a valley of tropical rain forest - all just a 10-minute walk from Ubud's Main Street. The resort's iconic 33-meter lap pool is the jewel of this beautiful five-hectare resort. Nestled in the tropical gardens are the resort's own rice fields, a Spa Villa with adjacent semi-circular leisure pool, and a jogging path.
Located on the picturesque cliffs of southern Nusa Dua, The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas boasts magnificent uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean. The Samabe Bali Suites & Villas is perfectly located only a minute walk from a secluded private beach, and 7 miles from the Ngurah Rai International Airport.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Depart from another city? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Indonesia? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Bali? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.