Singapore & Tokyo Adventure
Modern mixes with traditional in Tokyo, plus explore the cultures of Singapore; travel on your own with flights, airport transfers, hotel & city tours included
|Style||Independent PackageThese un-escorted packages have no set schedule or guides, so you have the freedom and flexibility to explore on your own from your centrally-located hotel. More of these packages
Freedom to explore at your own pace; unescorted
|Departures||March – December 2024|
|Themes||History & Culture, City Stays|
|What to Expect||This leisurely-paced, independent tour requires minimal walking and is suitable for most levels of physical fitness. This tour does not include a tour guide or escort. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols. Travel safely and confidently with our new health & safety protocols.|
|Already booked?||Find everything you need to know before you go, including information about passport & visa requirements, flights, luggage, and more.|
Check prices & book now
Get updates about this package
Begin your adventure in Tokyo, a place so deliciously different from what we know. A place where the uber-hip and quietly conservative share space in a beautiful mix of neon lights, world-class food, Zen contemplation, and downright fun. Cherry blossoms framing a silhouette of Mt. Fuji, sushi and ramen, karaoke, and kimonos – Japan is a place so deeply rooted in tradition yet so welcoming of the future, and it all merges into a perfectly preened bonsai tree for the curious traveler.
Then, continue on to Singapore, a city-state that warmly embraces the kaleidoscope of people who call the country home. This melting pot has impacted the vibrant culinary scene, one of Southeast Asia’s best. In recent years, awe-inspiring, futuristic attractions like Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands have enhanced the city skyline. However, the country retains its charming, historic neighborhoods crisscrossed by crowded side streets, teeming with traditional vendor stalls. Nicknamed the “City in a Garden,” Singapore is covered in greenery and impressive gardens, such as the Singapore Botanic Garden, home to the world’s largest orchid display.
- Round trip flights from Los Angeles via Singapore Airlines non-stop jet service including taxes & fees
- 7 nights Superior First Class accommodations
- 8 meals: 7 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- Arrival and departures transfers
- Guided City tours of Tokyo and Singapore
- Exciting optional excursions in Tokyo and to nearby Mt. Fuji & Hakone or Nikko
- Singapore optional excursions Half Day Past and Present Singapore tour & Michelin Guide Street Food
Why you'll love it
- For each traveler visiting, Friendly Planet contributes to a carbon-neutral program which supports reforestation, clean water, replenishing mangroves, and seeding coral reefs.
- Travel to Tokyo and Singapore non-stop via the world's #1 carrier, Singapore Airlines.
- Enjoy the city views from the top of the Tokyo Tower, the second-tallest structure in Japan.
- Wander along the arched bridges, black pines, and lush greenery of the Imperial Palace's ornate gardens.
- Marvel at the towering pagoda and gate of Sensoji Temple, Tokyo's oldest and most significant temple.
- Tour Singapore's highlights, including the Civic District, Merlion Park, and Hock Keng Temple.
- Visit the National Orchid Garden, home to 60,000 orchid plants.
- Marvel at the indoor waterfall and over 1 million plants at Gardens by the Bay.
- Admire panoramic city views at the Sands SkyPark.
Itinerary at a Glance
- 1 Depart USA
- 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- 3 Tokyo City Tour
- 4 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
- 5 Tokyo
- Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $230
- 6 Tokyo/Singapore
- 7 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Half-Day Past and Present Singapore, $205
- 8 Singapore
- Optional Excursion: Half-Day Michelin Guide Street Food Tour, $250
- 9 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices
Dates & Prices, with flights
per person, double occupancy*, including Instant Savings discounts
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jan 16, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jan 24, 2024
Jan 16 – Jan 24
Departs U.S.: Tue, Mar 12, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Mar 20, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Mar 12 – Mar 20
Departs U.S.: Tue, Mar 19, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Mar 27, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Mar 19 – Mar 27
Departs U.S.: Tue, Apr 9, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Apr 17, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Apr 9 – Apr 17
Departs U.S.: Tue, May 14, 2024
Finishes: Wed, May 22, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! May 14 – May 22
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jun 4, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jun 12, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jun 4 – Jun 12
Departs U.S.: Tue, Jul 16, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Jul 24, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Jul 16 – Jul 24
Departs U.S.: Tue, Aug 6, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Aug 14, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Aug 6 – Aug 14
Departs U.S.: Tue, Sep 3, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Sep 11, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Sep 3 – Sep 11
Departs U.S.: Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Oct 16, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Oct 8 – Oct 16
Departs U.S.: Tue, Nov 12, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Nov 20, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Nov 12 – Nov 20
Departs U.S.: Tue, Dec 3, 2024
Finishes: Wed, Dec 11, 2024
Book by Thu, Dec 14, 2023 (midnight ET) to get the Instant Savings! Dec 3 – Dec 11
If you want a few extra days to explore on your own, we may be able to arrange for you to stay later than the scheduled dates, including extra hotel nights and separate airport transfers, for an additional charge. Ask us about prices and availability when (or after) you book. More information Want to extend your trip?
Options & Fees
|Singapore & Tokyo Adventure|
|Jan 16, 2024; Mar 12, 2024||$939|
|May 14, 2024; Jul 16, 2024; Sep 3, 2024; Dec 3, 2024||$989|
|Jun 4, 2024||$999|
|Aug 6, 2024||$1049|
|Apr 9, 2024||$1069|
|Mar 19, 2024||$1199|
|All other dates||$1029|
|Full Day Nikko with lunch||$210|
|Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch||$230|
|Half-Day Past and Present Singapore2||$205|
|Half-day Walking Tour: Michelin Guide Street Food3||$250|
1. A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate.
2. This private tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate.
3. This private tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate.
So that we can offer you the best deals, our packages are, like most hotels and cruises, priced based on double occupancy rooms or cabins. We charge solo travelers an extra fee to cover the extra costs of single occupancy rooms or cabins. (Consider: if you booked a $200/night hotel room solo, you would pay the $200 yourself; but if a couple booked the same room, each one would pay only $100.) But you only pay extra for the rooms or cabins, nothing else, including meals, sightseeing, tips, etc. Why are single rooms more?
Flights & Departure Cities
|Los Angeles (LAX)||included|
This package includes round-trip flights from the city listed above. Please review the flight schedule, especially if you're booking connecting flights.
Want to fly from another city? Unfortunately, we don't offer flights from other cities, but you can book your own connecting flights.
Day 1 Depart USA
- Check-in for your overnight non-stop flight to Tokyo, Japan via Singapore Airlines
Day 2 Arrive Tokyo, Japan
- Meet our representative upon arrival at Narita International Airport
- Transfer via scheduled airport bus to your hotel located in central Tokyo for check-inFull Day Itinerary
Tokyo e Youkoso! (Welcome to Tokyo!) Arrive today in Tokyo, one of the world's leading economic centers and Japan's modern capital. Upon arrival, transfer, via scheduled airport bus, to your hotel located in central Tokyo, near famous districts like Roppongi and Akasaka. En route, you'll have your first glimpse of the quintessential Tokyo's stunning, modern skyline and glittering neon-lit streets. The remainder of the evening is at leisure.
Day 3 Tokyo City Tour
- Visit the Tokyo Tower, modeled after the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- View the beautiful gardens at the Imperial Palace
- Visit Sensō-ji temple and Nakamise-dōri street
- Drive through Ueno and Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara
- Tour ends at Tokyo Station; explore independently or make your own way back to the hotel
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
After breakfast this morning, set out on a city tour to explore some of Tokyo's main sights. Begin at the Tokyo Tower, modeled after (and slightly taller than) the Eiffel Tower in Paris, where you will enjoy a fantastic view of the city. Proceed to the Imperial Palace Garden Plaza, which dates back to the 15th century and is the former site of Edo Castle and the present residence of the Emperor of Japan. Visitors are not permitted inside this very private residence of royalty. Stop at a viewpoint to admire the Nijubashi Bridge and surrounding gardens.
Continue to Sensoji Temple, also known as Asakusa Kannon, dedicated to the Buddhist deity of mercy and compassion. Sensoji Temple is one of the most famous sights in Tokyo. Later, stroll Nakamise shopping street, which stretches approximately 250 meters from the main grounds of Sensoji Temple. It is lined with more than 50 shops offering local specialties and souvenirs. Finally, drive through Ueno and Tokyo's "Electric-Town," Akihabara. Finally, the half-day tour will end at Tokyo Station, where you can continue your exploration independently or return to your hotel.
The afternoon and balance of the day is at leisure.
Day 4 Tokyo
- Full day at leisure in Tokyo or join an optional full day tour to Nikko
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Enjoy today discovering the wonders of Tokyo and all it has to offer. Your hotel is conveniently located in the center of Tokyo, and by train or subway, you can easily explore Tokyo's significant attractions. From popular shopping areas like Ginza and Omotesando, where you can purchase the latest fashions, to sprawling entertainment and nightlife districts like Roppongi and Shinjuku, Tokyo seems to have a place to indulge in every desire. And, by taking a relaxing stroll through one of Tokyo's beautiful parks or gardens, you may even forget that you're in the largest city in the world. See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions or schedule a day trip to Nikko.Optional Excursion: Full Day Nikko with lunch, $210
This full-day tour by motor coach will take you from Tokyo to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Nikko. This city is picturesquely set amid mountains, where numerous magnificent shrines and pagodas are found, including Toshogu Shrine, which houses the mausoleum of the first Tokugawa shogun. The shrine has an unusual mixture of Confucian, Zen, and Shinto architecture and is the original site of the see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil monkeys, which you will find carved on one of the gates. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo’s famous nightlife. Nikko is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included.
Note: This is a shared tour.
Day 5 Tokyo
- Full day at leisure in Tokyo or join an optional full day tour to Mt. Fuji & Hakone
Keio Plaza Hotel BreakfastFull Day ItineraryFull day at leisure to explore Tokyo.See the sights on your own, arrange optional excursions, or schedule a day trip to Mt. Fuji.Optional Excursion: Full Day Mt. Fuji & Hakone with lunch, $230
This full-day trip from Tokyo takes you to one of Japan's most iconic places, Mt. Fuji. Travel by motor coach up to Mt. Fuji's 5th Station. At this height, you will be amazed at the spectacular, breathtaking views from high above the clouds. After an included lunch, sightseeing continues in popular Hakone with a Lake Ashi cruise and a gondola ride on one of Hakone's ropeways. Return to Tokyo by motor coach this evening. The tour ends in Tokyo at Ginza or Shinjuku, then make your way back to your hotel or stay and experience some of Tokyo's famous nightlife. Mt. Fuji is approximately 2.5 hours from Tokyo by bus. This is a regularly-scheduled, English-speaking bus tour. Assistance from the hotel to the tour pick-up point is included.
Note: This is a shared tour.
Day 6 Tokyo/Singapore
- Today, bid sayonara to Tokyo as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore, via scheduled airport bus
- Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel
- Enjoy a lavish buffet dinner at your hotel
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay Breakfast & dinnerFull Day Itinerary
After an early breakfast, bid sayonara to Tokyo. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Singapore, via scheduled airport bus
Upon arrival in Singapore, meet our representative and transfer to your hotel. Join your fellow travelers for a lavish buffet dinner at Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clark Quay.
Day 7 Singapore
- Morning tour of Singapore
- Afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing or join an optional excursion
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay or similar BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Your morning tour of Singapore features a drive around the Civic District, passing by the Padang, Cricket Club, historic Parliament House, Supreme Court, and City Hall. Next, stop at Merlion Park and enjoy the impressive views of Marina Bay. Then visit Thian Hock Keng Temple, one of the oldest Buddhist-Taoist temples in Singapore. Afterward, make a stop at a local handicraft market. Finally, proceed to the National Orchid Garden within the Singapore Botanic Gardens, which boasts 60,000 orchid plants.
The balance of the day is at leisure, where you can taste your way through Singapore’s Hawker Food Centers, explore Singapore on your own, or join an optional tour.Optional Excursion: Half-Day Past and Present Singapore, $205
Walk to Bugis Street and discover local markets, the iconic dry goods warehouse, and the famous Chinese Kwan Im Thong Temple. Travel to Little India and take in the many colors and exotic scents of spices while riding past the streets to learn about this unique community. Enjoy a light snack or drink and savor the local favorite roti prata, a south Indian flatbread made by frying stretched dough flavored with ghee.
Next, head to Kampong Glam, Singapore’s traditional Malay enclave, and home to the iconic Sultan Mosque, the famed Arab Street, and traditional eateries. Stroll along the site and visit the different shops while learning about the Malay culture in Singapore. Stop for a taste of the local teh tarik, a sweetened tea drink made with condensed or evaporated milk.
Note: This private tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate.
Day 8 Singapore
- Half-day at leisure to explore Singapore or join an optional excursion
- In the late afternoon, visit Sands SkyPark at Marina Bay Sands hotel
- Explore the Gardens by the Bay
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay or similar BreakfastFull Day Itinerary
Spend the morning at leisure or join an optional morning tour.
Later this afternoon, visit the Sands SkyPark, an awe-inspiring engineering wonder. This unique structural masterpiece floats atop the three soaring Marina Bay Sands hotel towers, over 650 ft. in the sky. Enjoy the unforgettable panorama views of the city’s impressive skyline from this vantage point.
In the early evening, visit Gardens by the Bay. Featuring more than 1 million plants from over 5,000 species, marvel at the indoor waterfall over 100 feet tall and stroll above the jungle canopy via aerial walkways at Cloud Forest. The Flower Dome showcases exotic plants from 5 continents in 9 different gardens by replicating the cool and dry Mediterranean climate. Watch as the Supertrees come alive with special effects at night.Optional Excursion: Half-Day Michelin Guide Street Food Tour, $250
Meet with your local guide at the hotel and set out to discover Singapore’s popular hawker centers as you indulge in a Michelin Guide street food walking tour. Start at Chinatown Food Complex, a multi-story wet and dry market popular among locals and foreigners. Sip on kopi tarik or teh tarik, the famous pulled coffee or tea, and thick kaya toast. While learning about hawker culture in Singapore, work up an appetite and taste famous local snacks: popiah and kueh pie tee. Next, walk past the famous Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and towards the Singapore City Gallery. Walk to Ann Siang Hill through Ann Siang Hill Park and arrive at Amoy Street Food Centre. A slightly more modest food center, it is situated among office buildings. Later, head over to Little India and try out the Bismillah Briyani, Dum Briyani, and their authentic Indian cuisine. Return to your hotel with your guide. Alternatively, you can choose to explore on your own and return to your hotel independently.
Note: This tour requires extensive walking. This private tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate.
Day 9 Depart Singapore/Arrive USA
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight
- Arrive in the USA later today
The Keio Plaza Hotel is in an ideal location to explore the delights of the city of Tokyo. Situated in Shinjuku, in the very heart of the Tokyo metropolis, it is only minutes away from the most popular shopping and entertainment spots. Take time to enjoy the outdoor pool located on the seventh floor of the main building, as well as a fitness room.
Paradox Singapore Merchant Court at Clarke Quay, Singapore offers the best of both worlds: a central-city location and resort-style ambiance. The hotel is ideally located on the banks of the Singapore River, next to Clarke Quay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, and close to major places of interest including Chinatown, and the numerous bars and restaurants on the famous Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.
In the unlikely event that a particular hotel is not available, a similar or better hotel may be substituted.
Reviews & Photos
We love hearing your stories and seeing your photos! Here are some moments other travelers captured on this package. Or check out our entire fan photo gallery.
- What should I know before I go? We've compiled a comprehensive checklist, including information on how to pay your balance due, flights & transfers, packing & luggage, and more.
- Do I need a visa or other documents? Are there any entry requirements? Please review the visa & entry requirements.
- Can I make changes to my trip? Want to upgrade your seats? Stay a few extra days? Something else? Just ask!
- Can I bring my kids? Are there any age restrictions? To book this package, you must be 18 or older. Your traveling companions must be 8 or older at time of travel.
- Should I purchase travel insurance? Yes! We recommend you purchase travel insurance to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For your convenience, we offer a plan provided by Travelex Insurance Services.
- What's the fine print? Review the terms & conditions for this package.
- What should I know about Japan? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
- What should I know about Singapore? Check out our guide for practical travel tips, the best time to go, videos, and more.
More Common Questions
- Common Questions Answers to our travelers' most frequently asked questions.